We love our clients at PVC, and we miss seeing you. Many of you have been loyal clients for decades, but many newer clients have become friends, even in the face of all the turmoil and uncertainty we continue to experience. The Governor of Ohio has started to ease restrictions on businesses so they can gradually reopen, and we understand that all businesses are excited to start to welcome customers back. We are as well.
However, these are still uncertain times. Although we have learned a lot about COVID-19, there are still a lot of things we do not know. Will there be spikes of increased infection as the reopening of businesses progresses? Will there be a second wave? Is the worst of it over?
We simply don’t know the answers to these questions yet. Therefore, for the safety of our staff and our clients, we will continue to offer only curbside service for the foreseeable future. We understand that it is difficult to be separated from your pets during their exams, but we promise your kiddos are getting TONS of love in our hospital. We eagerly look forward to the time when we get to see you in the office again!
When we DO see you, outside the building, we ask that you wear a face covering to protect our employees, as we do to protect you.
The following is our current procedure for caring for your pets:
- We are open the same hours as always. However, our building remains closed to clients. Please call from the parking lot when you arrive
- A technician will call you to discuss why your pet is visiting us. She will then meet you at your car and will bring your pet inside for his/her exam. After the exam, a doctor will call you to discuss the findings and to answer any and all questions you have. The doctor will then transfer you back to the technician to complete payment and bring your pet back to you
- If you require medication refills, we ask that you call us ahead of time so that we can have it ready for you to pick up. We can also mail some medications directly to you , or call in prescriptions to pharmacies or authorize them by fax
- Even with curbside service, our staff will still have close contact with you. We request that you do not come in if you are sick, or if you have had exposure to anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has symptoms of the virus. We are taking the same precautions – employees must take their temperature before reporting to work, and if they are sick or have a fever, they are required to stay home
- Technology is our friend, and we have multiple ways that we can work with you to provide great medical care to your pets in spite of these precautions. Please call us to discuss how we can best accommodate your needs while keeping everyone healthy