John Daugherty, DVM
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology: The Ohio State University, 1979
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University, 1984
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP)
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA)
Other Professional Activities
- Chairman, OVMA Peer Review Committee: The committee reviews cases submitted by clients who have a dispute with their veterinarian, and we investigate the complaints and attempt to resolve the disputes to the satisfaction of all parties concerned.
- Board of Directors, Veterinary Information Network (VIN): This is an online community, information source and continuing education service for veterinarians. We have more than 45,000 international subscribers. I have been a member since 1994 and have been on the Board of Directors for over 8 years. I also am a VIN Representative, which is a group of veterinarians who volunteer to help new VIN subscribers learn to use the service to their benefit.
- Associate Editor, Diagnostic Imaging, Veterinary Information Network: I am part of a small group of people who help to interpret radiographs (x-rays) and ultrasound images for the subscribers of VIN in order to assist them in managing their patients.
- I have to admit that I spend so much time working that I don't spend as much time on hobbies as I used to, but my interests include reading, traveling, and riding my motorcycle. I love wine and really enjoy cooking. I also enjoy my Puggles, Puggle and Tonka!